Senior Operation Analyst (AD7) – Operations Directorate
The Operations Directorate deals with the core business of Europol, improving the effectiveness and cooperation of the competent authorities in the Member States in preventing and combating serious and organised crime, as well as terrorism affecting the Member States. This requires close cooperation with the Liaison Bureaux at Europol and via them with the Operational Teams in the Member States.
Europol delivers a number of products and services to national law enforcement agencies to support them in their fight against international serious and organised crime, as well as terrorism.
Under Europol’s organisational structure, the Operations Directorate hosts the following distinct Departments: The Operational and Analysis Centre, European Serious Organised Crime Centre, European Cyber Crime Centre, European Counter Terrorism Centre, European Financial and Economic Crime Centre.
Under the supervision of the Head of Team or Head of Unit, the post holder will be contributing to Europol’s activities by collecting, processing, cross-checking, analysing and reporting on criminal intelligence in various fields.
The successful candidate will have to carry out the following main duties:
• Perform analytical tasks, including the gathering, data processing and analysis of data on various topics, especially in the area of high priority cases;
• Process high volumes of data in the most efficient and effective way;
• Draft and review intelligence analysis reports in various crime areas;
• May supervise and review the work of analysts;
• Perform quality control of processing of data and analytical reports;
• Participate in meetings, working groups and conferences and present analytical results as and when required;
• Provide on-the-spot analytical support in connection with specific operational activities and events if and when required;
• Participate in stand-by duty and/or shift work as and when required;
• Perform any other duties in the area of competence as assigned by the line management.
REQUIREMENTS – ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
a. Candidates must
• Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen;
• Be a member of a competent authority in the meaning of the Article 2a) of the Europol Regulation;
• Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
• Produce appropriate character references as to his or her suitability for the performance of the duties;
• Be physically fit to perform the duties pertaining to the position (prior to appointment the successful candidate will be medically examined by one of the institution’s medical officers in order that the institution may be satisfied that the candidate fulfils the requirements of Article 12(2)(d) CEOS);
• Produce evidence of a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Union to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties.
b. Candidates must have
• A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more;
• A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least one year when the normal period of university education is three years;
• Professional training of an equivalent level in a relevant area (e.g. Police Officer’s School) and after having completed the training, at least the number of years of relevant professional experience as indicated below: